Monday, June 24, 2013

Week Four

Ni hao!
Can you believe it is almost July? I can't believe it has been a month already. This week coming up is going to be super busy since they want us to teach just about every day now.
Sadly, I don't think I made it into any of the shots from yesterday's (Sunday) broadcast but I did end up having some pretty sweet seats three rows back from the apostles. Never been so close! It was a great experience being able to participate in the choir. I am not sure if you have heard about their announcement yet but they are allowing missionaries to use more technology on their missions now. Not sure what this means yet/ if this applies to everyone now. Of course the main message of the broadcast was the push for members and missionaries to work together in unity because it is so important if the Lord's work is to be done more effectively.
Last week, Sister Goldrup and I taught three days in a row. I accidentally gave one of our investigators the wrong scripture because for some reason I confuse my 5s and 8s. The first time, he read a scripture in Alma when I did say Mosiah and I was trying to read along as he read out loud and I was like.. hmm this is not the scripture I gave him. So I tried saying the right one and then I gave the wrong versus. Finally after what felt like 5 minutes, we figured it out and read the right scripture. Another of our lessons with another investigator we were running out of time and we had already decided that we were going to extend the invitation to be baptized and so we were awkwardly like "are you willing to be baptized" and it didn't really feel right because we were in the middle of talking about the Plan of Salvation. The investigator was like "what's baptism" and I tried explaining how it was necessary to obtain the blessings of the Atonement and be washed clean and he accepted our invitation. The reason why we started to rush at the end was because we have been kicked out of our appointments since they have gone over our 30 minute slots haha.
Last Friday, the Sisters in my district and I went to a kick boxing class at 6 am. They have fitness activities almost every morning here just for the Sisters. I thought it would be hard to get up even earlier but it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't really call it kick boxing but it was quite the work out. We justified sleeping during our personal exercise time later that day since we had already did our exercise for the day so it was also really rewarding in that sense haha.
Tell Massa and Aken I say congratulations! That is such great news that they are getting married and then baptized. Thank you all for being such great member missionaries back at home. Keep it up! 

I love you all!
Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment