Monday, January 13, 2014

Transfer.. Am I Staying or Am I Leaving?


Well it's that time again- Transfers. Don't you dare skip down to find out where I am going before you make a guess. We now have P-days every Monday, even transfer weeks, so you will know where I am going before it happens. So what is your guess? Am I staying in Liverpool for a 5th transfer or am I leaving?

So I have been feeling like it was my time to go. It is true when they say you get a feeling you will leave an area right before you get the official news. I got a call Friday night which can only mean two things: A) I am training or B) I will be whitewashing/ opening a new area. It turned out to be option B! I am leaving Liverpool and going to Manchester YSA ward. And guess who my companion is? SISTER MERRILL!!!!! Oh boy. I am so excited. We will be reopening that area for Chinese work. I screamed pretty loud when the assistants told me over the phone. Sister Loh is at the end of her mission and she will be staying one last transfer in Liverpool. Just what she wanted.

I have learned so much while being here in Liverpool and I have witnessed a lot of miracles. Even though transfers are on Wednesday it still hasn't really hit me that I will be leaving. I mean I have been here for 5 months. This is now a place I call home.

The members I have grown close to were disappointed to find out that I was leaving. A lot of them have made the comment ''well hey, maybe you'll come back to Liverpool before the end of you mission.'' I don't know how I would feel to come back to an area I have already served in. I will go where the Lord needs me though.

Sorry this is a short email. Not too much time today! I love you all and I can't wait to tell you about my adventures in Manchester. Happy new year!

Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment