Wednesday, October 23, 2013

21 September 2013


Not much to update on since last week.

Sister Loh and I found out that we will be the only Chinese speaking missionaries in our district this transfer which is not at all common. We inherited around 12 new Chinese recent converts from the Chinese Elders that left and possibly an investigator that can be dated for baptism. We are going to be pretty busy over these next six weeks! Since we will be the one Chinese missionaries here we are devoted more of our efforts in contacting and teaching more Chinese. I am hoping that this will produce more opportunities for me to use my Chinese and improve. Learning a new language in an English country has been an interesting process. It has required a lot of patience on my behalf as I wait for the Lord to bless me with the gift to both communicate with and understand Chinese.

We had four hours of finding this past Saturday. I saw this Chinese boy on the steps near the train station and I felt like we needed to talk to him. We crossed the street to do so. Turns out he had meet the Sister missionaries just a year ago and he thought they were really friendly. He told us that he was kind of depressed and had recently dropped out of school. We bore our testimonies that God will hear and answer our prayers and left him with one before we had to leave. Another example of how the Lord will help us find people in the very moment they need us.

Kirk is fitting in quite nicely with the ward. He sang with the ward's men's choir this past Sunday and he looks like he is already a member. He told us last night about his experience over the weekend when he was at a beach of how he helped this young girl get dry clothes when she was all muddy from getting stuck in sand. He wants us to ''convert'' his family and has just given us the contact info of his sister.

This gospel brings me so much happiness. I know that our Savior lives and that we can turn to him as our source of light and hope. Never forget that through Christ all things are possible.

Sister Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment