Thursday, November 28, 2013

Setting Records

It is transfer time again and I am... Staying in Liverpool! Yep. That's right. I will be in Liverpool for 4 transfers in a row. And my new companion is... Well, it is not a new companion at all-- Sister Loh and I are still together haha. I don't think this has ever happened in our mission: Same companionship in the same area for 4 transfers in a row. Setting records indeed. It is weird to think that I am a third through my mission and I have been with only one companion in the mission field. Perhaps we still have a work to do and we can only do it if we are still together. It will be great though because both Sister Loh and I will be able to spend Christmas in Liverpool which I have heard is the greatest thing ever. We already have members in the ward offering to feed us Christmas breakfast and meals-- they like to book in advance.

Funny moment:
We were running late for an appointment we had made while tracting and we had two members with us that we have become really good friends with. I was walking a little ahead of everyone because I don't like running late for things. Eventually, one of the members started jogging to catch up and a couple seconds later fell to the pavement. I tried so hard not to laugh and I think I did pretty well at just giggling to myself  (It sounds awful but I ensure you he was alright). The next day, Sister Loh and I were in the same neighborhood and a street near where the member the day before fell was called ''Fell'' street. The situation just got 10 times funnier. 

Our mission had multi-zone conference last week with Elder Teixeira and his wife as the visiting area authority. Elder Teixeira encouraged us all to raise our visions and to remember that baptism is the center of our purpose. Sister Teixeira basically called us all to repent because we haven't been the best at exercising in the morning. Guilty! We all tend to pass out on the floor in the morning but I have committed myself to be better at exercising in the morning. 

There was a double baptism in our district this past weekend and before the baptism the Elders put on the movie The Other Side of Heaven. Love that movie so much. My favorite line: ''learn the language; build the kingdom.'' Definitely a new motto for my mission.

One of our new investigators took us to a really good Chinese buffet for lunch. They had a sushi bar so you know I had to go check it out. The man working behind the sushi bar must have looked at our tags and asked ''Are you Mormons '' Yes! Yes we are. He then went on to explain that he is from the Philippines his mom is a member of the church currently living in Sweden. He asked us if he could meet with us because he had some questions about our doctrine. Whaaaat?! Of course we can! We will be seeing him next week. Never would have thought to meet a potential investigator at a buffet. 

Even though I am away from home for this Christmas I still got to wrap some presents. Sister Loh and I helped a lady in the ward wrap some presents. I am impressed that she has all of her Christmas shopping done for her 3 daughters  She will be keeping the presents in a hidden location and bring them down just before Christmas. While we were at her house I thought ''hmm.. I wonder where my mom hides Christmas presents.'' I don't think I have ever looked around for them although curious. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise of Christmas. 

I have had some of the best early morning studies ever recently. Although I have gained numerous witnesses from the Holy Ghost that this church is true, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and that Christ is our Savior, I decided I would do as I invite my investigators to do and pray to know that the Book of Mormon is true. As I was studying for one of our investigators I flipped to 2 Nephi 33 ( I have been reading a lot from there lately. Such a good book in the Book of Mormon). I love the humility of Nephi and how he feels in writing he is weak but when he speaks he has power because he is able to speak with the power of the Holy Ghost. Although Nephi feels he is not able to write as well as he speaks, his words are so powerful. I got to verse 6 which reads: '' I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.'' As soon as I read that verse the Spirit hit me. It bore testimony to me that the Book of Mormon is true and that Jesus Christ lives and that he is our Savior. It is hard for me to believe that the author of that powerful verse felt weak in writing because he wrote one of the most powerful verses of scripture. What we feel like is our weakness can truly become strong when we turn to the Lord. 

I love that fact that we can all know that this church is true whether we are a member or nonmember, old or young, with a testimony or without one yet. Because I continue to receive confirmation from the Spirit that Christ is our Savior I am able to withstand the challenges of being a missionary and I am excited everyday to testify that he lives. 

I love you all!
Sister Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment